- With Andrea Wenzel, “Lessons on Overcoming Polarization from Bowling Green and Ohio County, Kentucky,” Columbia University Tow Center for Digital Journalism report at Columbia Journalism Review, 15 August 2017.
- “Public Diplomacy’s (Misunderstood) Digital Platform Problem,” Can Public Diplomacy Survive the Internet? Bots, Echo Chambers, and Disinformation. Ed. Shawn Powers and Markos Kounalakis. Washington DC: United States Department of State’s Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy, May 2017, pp. 33-38.
- With Emily Bader, Tori Chami, and Terri Seligman, “Don’t Be Naïve about Native: A WOMMA White Paper on How Marketers Should Approach Disclosure in Native Advertising,” Word of Mouth Marketing Association White Paper, November 2014.
- With Tom Chernaik, “#ThinkAgain: How Regulator Guidance Can Impact Social Media Marketing,” Journal of Digital & Social Media Marketing 2(1), 2014, pp. 40-47.
- “Think Ethically, Not Just Legally, to Gain Trust and Create a Valued Organization,” PR News Digital PR & Social Media Guidebook 6, 2014, pp. 100-104.
- “Trial and (Much) Error: How Listening to Audiences Is Transforming Cable Television.” Customer Experience Management: Lessons and Insights for the Cable Industry. Ed. Seth Arenstein, Jana Henthorn, Charles H. Patti, Ronald Rizzuto. Rockville, MD: CableFAX, 2010, pp. 122-124.
- With Henry Jenkins and Joshua Green. “Fandemonium: A Tag Team Approach to Enabling and Mobilizing Fans.” White Paper for MIT Convergence Culture Consortium, June 2007.
- With Rachel Shearer and Parmesh Shahani, Joshua Green, and Henry Jenkins. “No Room for Pack Rats: Media Consumption and the College Dorm.” White Paper for MIT Convergence Culture Consortium, October 2006.
- With Henry Jenkins and Grant McCracken, Parmesh Shahani, Ivan Askwith, Geoffrey Long, and Ilya Vedrashko. “Fanning the Audience’s Flames: Ten Ways for Producers to Embrace and Cultivate the Active Participation of Fan Communities.” White Paper for MIT Convergence Culture Consortium, January 2006.